Definición de suet en inglés:
The hard white fat on the kidneys and loins of cattle, sheep, and other animals, used to make foods such as puddings, pastry, and mincemeat: [as modifier]: suet dumplings
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, suet and coriander, and add enough cold water to form a soft dough.
- Standard ingredients are flour, breadcrumbs, suet, dried fruit, eggs, treacle, spices, sugar, and milk, with a raising agent and often with some apple or carrot.
- However, instead of suggesting his film star friends stick to their egg-white omelettes and leave his suet pastry crusts alone, Roddam decided to do something completely different.
- Example sentences
- If you lunch in a Pall Mall club, you will find the menu degenerating, as it reaches the sweet course, into nursery food - bread and butter pudding, jam roll and custard, suety lumps covered with treacle - and you can almost hear nanny's voice ordering you to eat it all up.
- Described on the menu as ‘not seasonal, just substantial’, the pudding's chunked meat was captured in a thick, suety pastry that soaked up the accompanying jug of gravy faster than Tarquin at the bar was sucking up the Bells.
- ‘I try to make them picture-perfect,’ Ken Stevens said, and they were: row upon row of 12-day-aged top sirloins, Tbones, rib eyes and porterhouses, blood-red and juicy, their suety white edges trimmed just so, with flecks and veins of marbled fat guaranteeing the locked-in flavor that is one of the most famous of American tastes.
Definición de suet en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan