- But the Eskimoan language group uses an extraordinary system of multiple, recursively addable derivational suffixes for word formation called postbases.
- As a sentence, it cannot be made plural by adding the nominative plural suffix for second declension nouns.
- Terms like megastore or hypertext are also called compounds, because they are combinations of free-standing words with prefixes or suffixes.
- Some nouns contain the Old Norse suffixed definite article (i)nn: croopan trunk of the body, fyandin the devil, knorin boat, and the Shetland sea-terms birten fire, hestin horse, monen moon, and sulin sun.
- User-encoded AAC files are suffixed M4A and iTunes prevents users from converting an M4P file into any other format, though there's nothing to stop anyone burning M4Ps to audio CD and ripping back beyond a potential loss of audio quality.
- Note that these class names are suffixed with MixIn to emphasize their nature.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- English has alternative suffixations -al and -ial.
- Let's try to curb our clever suffixations of the cosmopolitan ‘y.’
- But what is of particular interest here is that the suffixation of -ngurra to the verb of the second clause in has the effect of switching function, namely, from pivot to pivot in to non-pivot to pivot in.
Late 18th century (as a noun): from modern Latin suffixum, neuter past participle (used as a noun) of Latin suffigere, from sub- 'subordinately' + figere 'fasten'.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: suf¦fix
Definición de suffix en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.