A person advocating the extension of suffrage, especially to women.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Some prominent 19 th-century suffragists advocated adopting educational or property qualifications for voting that would disqualify most black women.
- The women in Bolton were suffragists, not suffragettes.
- British suffragists and suffragettes discovered that renewed though it was, the Liberal Party that returned to office in 1906 in no sense had votes for women on the agenda.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Through journals like these, the vorticists cultivated a small public instead of the mass public that commercial advertising, futurism, suffragism, and the Fabians sought to marshal.
- Heavy immigration, urbanization, an expanding female labor force, and rising numbers of college-educated women altered both the composition and the tactics of suffragism.
- The vorticists, who shared with the suffragettes not only a passion for promotion but also a national identity, did not want the differences between vorticism and suffragism elided.
Definición de suffragist en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.