Definición de suffragist en inglés:
A person advocating the extension of suffrage, especially to women.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Some prominent 19 th-century suffragists advocated adopting educational or property qualifications for voting that would disqualify most black women.
- The women in Bolton were suffragists, not suffragettes.
- British suffragists and suffragettes discovered that renewed though it was, the Liberal Party that returned to office in 1906 in no sense had votes for women on the agenda.
- 1suffragism sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Through journals like these, the vorticists cultivated a small public instead of the mass public that commercial advertising, futurism, suffragism, and the Fabians sought to marshal.
- Heavy immigration, urbanization, an expanding female labor force, and rising numbers of college-educated women altered both the composition and the tactics of suffragism.
- The vorticists, who shared with the suffragettes not only a passion for promotion but also a national identity, did not want the differences between vorticism and suffragism elided.
Palabras que riman con suffragisteulogist • liturgist
Definición de suffragist en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda