Definición de suffragist en inglés:
A person advocating the extension of suffrage, especially to women.
- Some prominent 19 th-century suffragists advocated adopting educational or property qualifications for voting that would disqualify most black women.
- The women in Bolton were suffragists, not suffragettes.
- British suffragists and suffragettes discovered that renewed though it was, the Liberal Party that returned to office in 1906 in no sense had votes for women on the agenda.
- Example sentences
- Through journals like these, the vorticists cultivated a small public instead of the mass public that commercial advertising, futurism, suffragism, and the Fabians sought to marshal.
- Heavy immigration, urbanization, an expanding female labor force, and rising numbers of college-educated women altered both the composition and the tactics of suffragism.
- The vorticists, who shared with the suffragettes not only a passion for promotion but also a national identity, did not want the differences between vorticism and suffragism elided.
Definición de suffragist en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan