- I suggested to her we start our own scholarly website and she was very taken with that idea.
- Her psychiatrist suggested to her parents that they should take her back to Nigeria for a long holiday.
- We have suggested to the Mayors that they form a League of Cities to lobby for a better deal.
- An unfinished lead buckle suggests some metalworking was taking place at the site, and there are also crucibles.
- Residues of zinc and lead may suggest experiments in pottery glaze manufacture.
- The fact a urine sample had been requested may reasonably have suggested an infection.
- Such scenes suggest the larger problem with the film, which is chiefly one of subtlety.
- These figures suggest a further significant increase, but they need to be treated with some caution.
- It has not been suggested that it has any reference, expressed or implied, to arbitration.
- It was certainly a nicer name than platinum, which suggested to me something flat and rather dull.
- The idea does not even suggest itself to the governmental or party leaders.
- The final question in these matters suggests itself.
- Once you understand the pattern, the strategy suggests itself.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- If the lucky, lucky suggester would like to get in touch, they'll find something very interesting gracing their letter box in the next couple of days.
- If I do, the suggester will be duly noted in anything I write about them.
- ‘Tim Belcher used to call catchers ‘suggesters,’ ‘said Mariners catcher Dan Wilson.’
Early 16th century: from Latin suggest- 'suggested, prompted', from the verb suggerere, from sub- 'from below' + gerere 'bring'.
Palabras que riman con suggestabreast, arrest, attest, beau geste, behest, bequest, best, blessed, blest, breast, Brest, Bucharest, Budapest, celeste, chest, contest, crest, digest, divest, guest, hest, infest, ingest, jest, lest, Midwest, molest, nest, northwest, pest, prestressed, protest, quest, rest, self-addressed, self-confessed, self-possessed, southwest, test, Trieste, unaddressed, unexpressed, unimpressed, unpressed, unstressed, vest, west, wrest, zest
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sug|gest
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.