- 1The solstice at midsummer, at the time of the longest day, about 21 June in the northern hemisphere and 22 December in the southern hemisphere.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Midsummer (near the summer solstice in June) is a long-awaited holiday of eating, drinking, and dancing, rivaled in importance only by Christmas.
- In the Northern hemisphere, the summer solstice of 21 June signals the start of shorter days and longer nights.
- Of course the Northern Hemisphere's summer solstice is the winter solstice in the Southern Hemisphere.
- 1.1 Astronomy The solstice in June.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- During the period of the development of the calendar, the heliacal rising of Sirius coincided with the summer solstice, both of which announced the annual inundation of the Nile, the central focus of the agricultural year.
- On 21 June 1667, the day of the summer solstice, the Observatory officially opened and observations were made to determine the exact location of the new Observatory.
- When the Olympics began in the eighth century, B.C., it was decided that they would be held every four years at the start of the second full moon after the summer solstice.
Más definiciones de summer solsticeDefinición de summer solstice en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.