- A fast-moving predatory arachnid with a pair of massive vertical pincers (chelicerae). Sun spiders live chiefly in warm deserts; many are active by day, and some grow to a large size.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Order Solifugae (or Solpugida)
- A burrowing insect, the sun spider thrives in the high desert environment and is attracted by light.
- A recently discovered intertidal, poisonous species of the sun spider burrows just above the high tide.
- The small sun spiders are active only at night, while the adults are more active at night but will also hunt and move around in daylight hours.
Más definiciones de sun spiderDefinición de sun spider en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.