verbo[with object] literary
Split apart: a universe sundered ages ago in a divine war
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But the process is apparently irreversible and non-renewable, and so if physical strain sunders the fibril bonds, tearing the tendon, it is impossible to reform them, at least in living tissue.
- Alienated from truthful knowledge, and unable to trust perceptual data without supplementary information, the individual is sundered from the world.
- They are simply sundered, and to bridge them is a task, not a gift.
late Old English sundrian; related to German sondern.
- Apart or into pieces: hew their bones in sunder!Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And the car passes over them, and crushes them, and cuts them in sunder, and so they perish on the spot.
- He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.