- 1An instrument showing the time by the shadow of a pointer cast by the sun on to a plate marked with the hours of the day.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In the center of the parking lot was a towering white building, casting a shadow like a gargantuan sundial.
- The upper shelf contains a celestial globe, and several extremely specialized scientific instruments: quadrants, sundials, and a torquetum (a timepiece and navigational aid).
- Time can be measured exactly by clocks and sundials, but human beings can rarely measure time accurately, for the feeling of the passage of time varies in each human being, and even then is not constant but varies with moods and events.
Más definiciones de sundialDefinición de sundial en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.