A tall North American plant of the daisy family, with very large golden-rayed flowers. Sunflowers are cultivated for their edible seeds, which are an important source of oil for cooking and margarine.
- Helianthus annus, family Compositae
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And a farmer would find that planting peas before sunflowers promises the highest sunflower yield - 1,490 pounds an acre.
- Other crops include alfalfa, wheat, grapes, sunflowers, safflower, and walnuts.
- The owner clearly knows what she likes for she has given the entire space over to two species planted in tubs, sunflowers and tomatoes.
Definición de sunflower en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.