Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
Definición de superfund en inglés:
1A fund established to finance a long-term, expensive project.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The type of person who works really well with a self-managed superfund is a person who has invested in their own name already.
- Union superfunds are becoming increasingly powerful with the great amount of money in there and they should see themselves as now having genuine financial clout.
- Rogue corporations that wilfully break the law will have their charters revoked, their assets sold and the money funnelled into superfunds for their victims.
1.1 (Superfund) A US federal government program designed to fund the cleanup of toxic wastes: billions have been spent on Superfund since 1980
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- So he was shocked to learn that the pollutants collecting inside his body sounded much like a Superfund cleanup site: pesticides, flame retardants and other nasty, man-made chemicals turned up in a recent test.
- The harbor, a Superfund site, has been a dumping ground for numerous toxic facilities and industrial activities.
- It was the first time I had ever knowingly launched just downstream from a Superfund site.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda