- A conjunction of Mercury or Venus with the sun, when the planet and the earth are on opposite sides of the sun.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Mercury reaches superior conjunction, opposite Earth in its solar orbit, on the 3rd and passes from the morning to the evening sky.
- Studies of the motions of Venus as it neared inferior and superior conjunctions - passing on our side and on the far side of the Sun - helped validate the heliocentric model of the cosmos.
- Mercury cannot be seen during most of February because it is on the other side of the Sun relative to Earth: the innermost planet reaches superior conjunction on the 14th.
Más definiciones de superior conjunctionDefinición de superior conjunction en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.