sustantivo (plural supernovae /-viː/ or supernovas)Astronomy
- A star that suddenly increases greatly in brightness because of a catastrophic explosion that ejects most of its mass.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They discover comets, asteroids, quasars, pulsars, supernovae, planets orbiting other stars, and galaxies at the edge of the universe, but none have ever claimed to have discovered a UFO.
- I read up on interstellar objects and astrophysics and studied quasars, pulsars and supernovas, but my main focus was black holes.
- An international team of astronomers has identified the surviving companion star to the 1572 supernova explosion witnessed by the Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe.
Más definiciones de supernovaDefinición de supernova en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.