- (Of a metal or alloy) capable of extreme plastic extension under load.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The need to use elevated temperatures for deformation of magnesium has lead in the past to the production of complex pressed shapes reminiscent of those obtainable in superplastic alloys.
- An entirely new range of cost and weight saving components for both airframes and engines are now being developed using superplastic forming and diffusion bonding processes, for which this alloy is ideal.
- Furthermore, prograde metamorphism can result in weakening and superplastic behaviour of the rocks affected, as fluid pressure rises, minerals are weakened, and the grain-boundary structure is transformed by breakdown and growth.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A superplastic metal or alloy.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These are made of supermetals and superplastics and superfabrics, bonded in layers with superglues.
- Long-lasting superplastics are fast replacing metal in buildings, machines, and vehicles.
- It presents investigations on the mechanical behavior of superplastics and formulates the main issues and challenges in mechanics of superplasticity.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In particular, he says, their superplasticity could eliminate the need for expensive machining techniques when shaping titanium alloys into products.
- Engineers can also readily mold or bend the materials at room temperature into various shapes, a property called superplasticity.
- The scope of superplasticity has also broadened materials-wise, and now includes, in addition to metals: intermetallics, ceramics, bulk metallic glasses, nanostructured materials and composites.
Más definiciones de superplasticDefinición de superplastic en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.