Involving or denoting a speed greater than that of sound: the tip speed of the upwind blade becomes supersonic supersonic aircraft
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- That's what happened with some earlier French technological marvels such as the supersonic Concorde, fast-breeder nuclear reactor, and the Minitel, a telephone-based Internet precursor, that failed to find global markets.
- By the time inspectors caught up with progress and could also fly with the speed of Mach 2, there would be supersonic aircraft, the development of which was financed by the banks, to fly gold ahead of bank inspectors with the speed of Mach 3.
- But, if the boom can be eliminated, the company is a likely producer of aircraft that can carry passengers coast-to-coast at supersonic speeds, he indicated.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The energy in the return stroke channel gives it a temperature and pressure higher than the surrounding air, so that the channel expands supersonically, generating a cylindrical shock wave which is heard as thunder.
- The blast waves of the supernovas move supersonically through the clouds, compressing the gas and dust, and possibly creating pockets of extremely high density - the preconditions for the formation of stars.
- The last Concorde to fly supersonically before the aircraft was taken out of service has gone on show to the public at a ground-based tribute to the first commercial airliner ever to fly at more than twice the speed of sound.
Definición de supersonic en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda