A belief held without proof or certain knowledge; an assumption or hypothesis: they were working on the supposition that his death was murder [mass noun]: their outrage was based on supposition and hearsay
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Hypotheses, suppositions tentatively accepted, help the therapist to focus on what seems most relevant at that moment.
- There is no direct evidence, and what follows is too contingent on a series of hypothetical suppositions to be convincing.
- In most cases, however, this kind of mutual informing included only assumptions and suppositions.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Willingness to understand differences at the suppositional level can also generate goodwill.