Definición de surficial en inglés:
Relating to the earth’s surface: surficial deposits
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He also led bedrock and surficial geologic mapping projects in the Chugach Mountains of South Central Alaska for five years.
- The most important aspect of the New Jersey research for the Navy is the effects on the acoustics of shallow-water continental shelf environments of surficial stratigraphic development and preservation.
- Another strong argument against the mammoth death-in-the-Flood hypothesis is that the Beringian animals are buried in unconsolidated surficial sediments overlying lithified sedimentary rocks.
late 19th century: from surface, on the pattern of superficial.
- Example sentences
- The chalcopyrite is mostly surficially altered to chrysocolla, tenorite, and limonite.
- Numerous newly collected ‘star cobbles’ from Georgia have siliceous spicules preserved surficially and internally.
- Three configurations of broadband seismic instruments were deployed: a borehole seismometer, a sensor buried surficially in the sediments, and a sensor resting on the seafloor.
Definición de surficial en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan