sustantivo (plural surgeries)
- 1 [mass noun] The treatment of injuries or disorders of the body by incision or manipulation, especially with instruments: cardiac surgery he had surgery on his ankleMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mngani said the current internship covers three or four domains such as internal medicine, surgery, obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Possible adverse events were detected by two nurses in medicine and surgery and two midwives in obstetrics.
- Lasers are used in a variety of situations in medicine and surgery.
- 2British A place where a doctor, dentist, or other medical practitioner treats or advises patients.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Literature will be available from libraries, GP surgeries, hospitals and dentists.
- I believe that is an underestimate judging how filthy some hospitals and doctor's surgeries are.
- Medical wastes result from treatment of patients in hospitals, clinics, and surgeries.
- 2.1 [in singular] A period of time during which patients may visit a doctor, dentist, or other medical practitioner for treatment or advice: Doctor Bailey had finished his evening surgeryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It is hoping to open on Saturday mornings as well as holding a late surgery one weekday evening.
- Three Salford GPs will carry out the surgery in sessions held two or three times a week.
- 2.2An occasion on which an MP, lawyer, or other professional person gives advice.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Woodhatch residents no longer need to travel to Redhill for advice as an outreach surgery will be operating soon on their doorstep.
- The first was held at the weekly coffee morning in the Methodist Church and he followed that with an evening surgery on Monday night.
- It houses a resource library where residents can access computers and welfare information and hosts a weekly surgery where the public can meet street wardens and local councillors.
Middle English: from Old French surgerie, contraction of serurgerie, from serurgien (see surgeon).
Más definiciones de surgeryDefinición de surgery en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.