- 1Relating to or used in surgery: a surgical dressing a surgical wardMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The operation is a surgical procedure performed using general anaesthetic and, like all surgery, carries a degree of risk.
- We performed every kind of surgery in the surgical unit, including cesarean sections.
- The title of the appointment was rather meaningless as he soon had his own surgical wards, where his skills in intestinal surgery and liver resection were legendary.
- 1.1(Of a special garment or appliance) worn to correct or relieve an injury, illness, or deformity: surgical stockingsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In the UK, an appliance means a surgical garment allowing hernia sufferers to walk about unaided.
- A surgical bra must be worn post-op for two weeks or more, though you can usually return to work in seven to 14 days.
- 2Done with great precision, especially with reference to a swift and highly accurate military attack from the air: surgical bombingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Despite all the talk of precision bombing and surgical strikes, ‘collateral damage’ is reaching an embarrassing level.
- We should always be skeptical when so-called experts suggest that all a particular crisis calls for is a little surgical bombing or a limited attack.
- All military services connected through IT resources will have more precise and surgical capabilities.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Several weeks after birth the mass was surgically biopsied and then resected.
- Three years later, solid tumor masses were aspirated and then surgically resected.
- If ESWL doesn't work or a stone is particularly large, it may be surgically removed under general anaesthetic.
late 18th century (earlier as chirurgical): from French cirurgical, from Old French sirurgie (see surgery).
Más definiciones de surgicalDefinición de surgical en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.