A loose white linen vestment varying from hip-length to calf-length, worn over a cassock by clergy and choristers at Christian church services.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Powerful lights made their white surplices glow like neon, and the pulpitted priest seemed to be borne aloft on a cloud of pure radiance.
- White T-shirts, white jeans, white ponchos, even white surplices stood out in the hot July sun.
- Once I had stuffed myself behind the wheel with my surplice billowing around me like a collapsed parachute, I switched into passive mode.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The introduction of the surpliced choir in England has been associated with the Cambridge Camden Society.
- We had banners, chanting, and a number of surpliced clergy, besides a large congregation.
- Gradually a surpliced choir began to lead the music.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sur|plice
Definición de surplice en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda