Definición de surplice en inglés:
A loose white linen vestment varying from hip-length to calf-length, worn over a cassock by clergy and choristers at Christian church services.
- Powerful lights made their white surplices glow like neon, and the pulpitted priest seemed to be borne aloft on a cloud of pure radiance.
- White T-shirts, white jeans, white ponchos, even white surplices stood out in the hot July sun.
- Once I had stuffed myself behind the wheel with my surplice billowing around me like a collapsed parachute, I switched into passive mode.
- Example sentences
- The introduction of the surpliced choir in England has been associated with the Cambridge Camden Society.
- We had banners, chanting, and a number of surpliced clergy, besides a large congregation.
- Gradually a surpliced choir began to lead the music.
Definición de surplice en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan