- Thanks to e-mail, the modern workplace is a hive of covert communication and surreptitious sociability.
- The stowing of the rubbish seemed surreptitious, even furtive, to a young and ignorant mind.
- Very often staff feel that their colleagues have been silently and invisibly spirited out of the company in a surreptitious and clandestine manner.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- If you ask me, a little more surreptitiousness might have worked.
- Our list of options is limited - we'll have to stop them with quickness, surreptitiousness and efficiency.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'obtained by suppression of the truth'): from Latin surreptitius (from the verb surripere, from sub- 'secretly' + rapere 'seize') + -ous.
Palabras que riman con surreptitiousadventitious, Aloysius, ambitious, auspicious, avaricious, capricious, conspicuous, delicious, expeditious, factitious, fictitious, flagitious, judicious, lubricious, malicious, Mauritius, meretricious, nutritious, officious, pernicious, propitious, repetitious, seditious, siliceous, superstitious, suppositious, suspicious, vicious
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.