Definición de susceptible en inglés:
- Since yours were newly planted, they were likely more susceptible to the cold.
- Adult birds are susceptible to lead poisoning when their food source is contaminated.
- There are also concerns that a roof could make the tower more susceptible to damage from the elements.
- It occurs when a susceptible person is confronted with a stressful situation, etc.
- This proves the consumer is susceptible and can change at a whim.
- As a susceptible child, I was brainwashed into believing that was true.
- These things are not susceptible of translation into a simple ‘yes or no’ question.
- Each item separately may be susceptible of an innocent explanation.
capable from (mid 16th century):
The first recorded sense of this was ‘able to take in’, physically or mentally. It comes from Latin capere ‘take or hold’ which is found in many other English words including: accept (Late Middle English) from ad- ‘to’ and capere; anticipation (Late Middle English) ‘acting or taking in advance’; capacity (Late Middle English) ‘ability to hold’; caption (Late Middle English) originally an act of capture; captive (Late Middle English); catch (Middle English); chase (Middle English); conceive (Middle English) literally ‘take together’; except (Late Middle English) ‘take out of’; incapacity (early 17th century) inability to hold; intercept (Late Middle English) to take between; perceive (Middle English) to hold entirely; prince; receive (Middle English) ‘take back’; susceptible (early 17th century) literally ‘that can be taken from below’.
- Example sentences
- Add to this my natural charm, and magnetic personality, and unforced modesty, and it's slightly surprising no Latin American had fallen susceptibly for my charms sooner.
- He is a long way from the kind of dashing, susceptibly young, occasionally moody, romantic hero whom readers of 1836 might have expected to have been shaped by culture associated with the recently deceased Byron and Scott.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.