- It's not a bad idea but I suspect it'll take a crisis such as a property crash to make people change their habits.
- Therefore, precautions should always be taken if the presence of asbestos is suspected.
- Cases of this type include suspected heart attacks, broken limbs and appendicitis.
- Tom is suspected of dealing in stolen goods but the police have found it difficult to get evidence against him.
- The court held that the person ought to be told that he or she was suspected of being over age, and be given a chance to explain his or her position.
- I was suspected of being the leader of these people, and I needed a way to throw them off of my trail.
- There wasn't any particular reason to suspect anything, I thought.
- It would not be permissible for the police to take the victim of a crime to a suspect who was under arrest to see if he could identify him.
- Fewer than 5 percent of all calls dispatched to police are made soon enough for officers to stop a crime or arrest a suspect.
- He is the prime suspect in a crime he didn't commit, though most believe he did.
- Air France later said the suspect package was a false alarm.
- These include keeping an eye out for suspect bags, packages or vehicles, or people acting suspiciously in airports or stations.
- Since the events of September 11, and with the ambiguous source of anthrax attacks, there have been concerns of suspect packages.
Middle English (originally as an adjective): from Latin suspectus 'mistrusted', past participle of suspicere, from sub- 'from below' + specere 'to look'.
The Latin source of suspect is suspicere ‘mistrust’, formed from sub- ‘from below’ and specere ‘to look’ also the source of suspicion (Middle English).
Palabras que riman con suspectaffect, bisect, bull-necked, collect, confect, connect, correct, defect, deflect, deject, detect, direct, effect, eject, elect, erect, expect, infect, inflect, inject, inspect, interconnect, interject, intersect, misdirect, neglect, object, perfect, project, prospect, protect, reflect, reject, respect, resurrect, sect, select, subject, transect, unchecked, Utrecht
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sus|pect
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.