- 1Holding and supporting an organ or part: a suspensory ligamentMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The suspensory ligament of the right ovary is identified in this section.
- The colt, who was sidelined from racing for a year from September 2001 to this September after tearing a suspensory ligament in his left front leg, fractured the splint bone and chipped a piece of the sesamsoid bone in the same leg.
- He then missed more time with a pulled suspensory ligament.
- 2Relating to the deferral or suspension of an event, action, or legal obligation: a suspensory requirementMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Actions brought before the Court of Justice shall not have suspensory effect.
- However, where companies are determined to press ahead, and can show good reason, the suspensory effect of the Regulation may be set aside on application to the Commission.
- The $20 million suspensory loan that has been represented as being a generous offer by the Government should have been made available last year.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin suspensorius 'used for hanging something up', from Latin suspendere (see suspend).
Más definiciones de suspensoryDefinición de suspensory en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.