Definición de suspicion en inglés:
- Is her suspicion that all humans are capable of evil true?
- I am now well into my third month of unpaid holiday and beginning to entertain the merest suggestion of an idea of a suspicion that I could get used to this.
- Will's face was a picture of incredulous disbelief haunted by a suspicion that some of it could be true.
- Two male employers were arrested on suspicion of employing illegal workers.
- The Canadian police doubted he was a genuine amnesiac and held him on suspicion of being an illegal immigrant.
- Most of the detainees have been arrested on suspicion of illegal stay.
- Eventually, the children may come to regard their fathers with suspicion and distrust.
- He also learned that tweens are apt to regard big marketing blitzes with suspicion and distrust.
- On the other hand, there was suspicion, distrust, and hatred.
- It shows no great sense of sportsmanship, but rather invokes a suspicion of envy of some kind.
- Back in the brave old days of 1953, there were no avocados, no kiwi fruit, and not a suspicion of mozzarella and tomato pizza.
Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French suspeciun, from medieval Latin suspectio(n-), from suspicere 'mistrust'. The change in the second syllable was due to association with Old French suspicion (from Latin suspicio(n-) 'suspicion').
suspect from (Middle English):
The Latin source of suspect is suspicere ‘mistrust’, formed from sub- ‘from below’ and specere ‘to look’ also the source of suspicion (Middle English).
- Too obviously good or honest to be thought capable of wrongdoing.Oraciones de ejemplo
- A significant proportion of the surface measurements are therefore suspect, while the atmospheric measurements are above suspicion and reliable.
- The Republicans adopted the now-obsolete rule in 1993 as part of a campaign to portray themselves as ethically above suspicion.
- That's not to say he was above suspicion for conventional terrorist attacks himself - he is believed responsible for a number of bombings and assassinations.
- Thought to be guilty of wrongdoing.Oraciones de ejemplo
- Maloney was already under suspicion by some district employees.
- If people can't recognise the individual from this information, it means that every male TV presenter in the business is under suspicion.
- Jones clearly was one of those under suspicion.
Palabras que riman con suspicionacademician, addition, aesthetician (US esthetician), ambition, audition, beautician, clinician, coition, cosmetician, diagnostician, dialectician, dietitian, Domitian, edition, electrician, emission, fission, fruition, Hermitian, ignition, linguistician, logician, magician, mathematician, Mauritian, mechanician, metaphysician, mission, monition, mortician, munition, musician, obstetrician, omission, optician, paediatrician (US pediatrician), patrician, petition, Phoenician, physician, politician, position, rhetorician, sedition, statistician, tactician, technician, theoretician, Titian, tuition, volition
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.