- A factory or workshop, especially in the clothing industry, where manual workers are employed at very low wages for long hours and under poor conditions: the situation is similar to migrant workers in sweatshopsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Two weeks ago, Farias's office participated in 81 raids of sweatshops that employ immigrant labor.
- Higher oil and raw material prices have also forced factory sweatshops to further slash the impoverished wages and conditions.
- The conditions in the sweatshops of south east Asia are reminiscent of the way in which Engels described conditions in the north of England in the 1840s.
Más definiciones de sweatshopDefinición de sweatshop en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.