Definición de sweepstake en inglés:
1A form of gambling, especially on horse races, in which all the stakes are divided among the winners: [as modifier]: a sweepstake ticket
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- With modest knowledge of football form, his computer model was originally built to help him win an office sweepstake.
- Albert took a deep breath and answered as though announcing the result of a sweepstake.
- Some believe in a God who makes traffic lights turn green, who turns lottery tickets into sweepstake winners, and turns rain on a picnic day into sun.
1.2A prize or prizes won in a sweepstake.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- You will also be entered to win one of the sweepstakes prizes.
- The rollout will be supported with radio, print, outdoor and a heavy sampling campaign along with a sweepstakes that dangles prizes ranging from a million dollars to vacation getaways.
- As I sit down to write this column at the end of December 2003, we have received 287 responses - so huge a return that you'd think we were offering some sort of sweepstakes prize.
Palabras que riman con sweepstakebeefsteak • stocktake
Definición de sweepstake en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda