Definición de swindle en inglés:
- The so-called ‘phishing’ scams have developed as a popular technique for fraudsters to swindle people out of everything from PayPal accounts to ATM codes.
- In 1989 he pleaded guilty to 55 counts of fraud, allegedly swindling elderly victims in Virginia and Tennessee out of around $1.25 million.
- Then we hear about widespread accounting malpractices, even in giant corporations, and start to wonder if this is not a huge conspiracy to swindle us out of our money.
- In 2001, a few newspapers carried stories on local securities firms swindling money from investors but soon all fell silent.
- He allegedly swindled funds meant for building a culvert and a school.
- Police in Shanghai have cracked a gang of four who swindled money using short messaging service on cell phones.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Online crimes can include multimillion-dollar swindles, online auction scams, and piracy of software and other copyrighted material.
- It is a sales gimmick, a cheat, a swindle, a scam.
- It's a total scam, swindle, and fake, but no one in our consumer agencies has any intention of doing anything about it.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- What's the appeal to you of property criminals such as hucksters, card cheats, swindlers, bank robbers, and con men?
- Not even the police care too much about what's going on in these streets’ the old man chuckled, ‘this is where all the swindlers and thieves hang out.’
- Unfortunately, swindlers also exploited the tragedy to make money over the Internet.
Late 18th century: back-formation from swindler, from German Schwindler 'extravagant maker of schemes, swindler', from schwindeln 'be giddy', also 'tell lies'.
Palabras que riman con swindlebrindle, dwindle, kindle, spindle, Tyndale
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.