Definición de swingeing en inglés:
Severe or extreme in size, amount, or effect: swingeing cuts in public expenditure
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scores of beds will be axed and staff recruitment and overtime drastically reduced in swingeing cuts being unveiled by hospital chiefs today.
- But, with a £20 million debt and £25,000 a week being haemorrhaged, despite swingeing player and staff cuts, the matter is not that simple.
- They say this would leave York residents faced with either swingeing service cuts, meaning departments like education and social care could suffer badly.
- Example sentences
- Then we were swingeingly taxed on the latter, which was the real point of the exercise.
- Nice in principle, but in practice it would mean that poor areas would have to have swingeingly high tax rates to fund much-needed local services.
- Over recent years, mainframe growth has been stifled by high software prices - especially swingeingly high charges for small applications.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan