Definición de swingeing en inglés:
Severe or extreme in size, amount, or effect: swingeing cuts in public expenditure
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scores of beds will be axed and staff recruitment and overtime drastically reduced in swingeing cuts being unveiled by hospital chiefs today.
- But, with a £20 million debt and £25,000 a week being haemorrhaged, despite swingeing player and staff cuts, the matter is not that simple.
- They say this would leave York residents faced with either swingeing service cuts, meaning departments like education and social care could suffer badly.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Then we were swingeingly taxed on the latter, which was the real point of the exercise.
- Nice in principle, but in practice it would mean that poor areas would have to have swingeingly high tax rates to fund much-needed local services.
- Over recent years, mainframe growth has been stifled by high software prices - especially swingeingly high charges for small applications.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Canadá
Muy popular en Australia