A sponge of a grade of structure showing some folding of the body wall, with choanocytes only lining radial canals. Compare with ascon and leucon.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Ascon, sycon, and leucon are levels of complexity that grade one into the other.
- Sycons are quick enough at regenerating to cope, I have a few different species on the way too that would probably be suitable, I might try and culture some.
- In the tide-pools all four calcareous sponges occur in quantity, and under heavy masses of weed both the Sycons are equally abundant.
late 19th century: adopted as a genus name from Greek sukon 'fig'.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Larvae from all the sponges he examined (asconoid, syconoid and leuconoid) are depicted the same way, with two cell layers (the outer ciliated, the inner not), a hollow center, and an opening at one end.
- It is the only class with asconoid and syconoid construction, and has sponges with leuconoid construction as well.
- Glass sponges most closely resemble syconoid sponges, but they differ too much internally from other sponges to be considered truly syconoid.
Definición de sycon en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.