Definición de sycophant en inglés:
A person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage.
- An assortment of hatchet men, opportunists and sycophants gained access to the levers of power.
- There will be several servile sycophants who will come forward as ‘White Knights’ to regain their lost positions.
- Only the most sycophantic of the sycophants would even begin to make such a comparison. [In the past] there was at least a real enemy, there were real things to be done.
toady, creep, crawler, fawner, flatterer, flunkey, truckler, groveller, doormat, lickspittle, kowtower, obsequious person, minion, hanger-on, leech, puppet, spaniel, Uriah Heep
North American vulgar slang suckhole
- Example sentences
- Yet, in the boardroom, the deputies' opinions count for next-to-nothing: their deference and sycophancy are palpable.
- Sick of the sycophancy and self-absorption all around her, why she flings herself into an affair with a comedian, desperate for media attention, is never made clear.
- The desire to suck-up to ‘prestigious individuals’ is a survival mechanism; ‘prestigious individuals’ have leadership potential and the power to reward our sycophancy.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia