Definición de sycophant en inglés:
A person who acts obsequiously towards someone important in order to gain advantage.
- An assortment of hatchet men, opportunists and sycophants gained access to the levers of power.
- There will be several servile sycophants who will come forward as ‘White Knights’ to regain their lost positions.
- Only the most sycophantic of the sycophants would even begin to make such a comparison. [In the past] there was at least a real enemy, there were real things to be done.
toady, creep, crawler, fawner, flatterer, flunkey, truckler, groveller, doormat, lickspittle, kowtower, obsequious person, minion, hanger-on, leech, puppet, spaniel, Uriah Heep
North American vulgar slang suckhole
- Example sentences
- Yet, in the boardroom, the deputies' opinions count for next-to-nothing: their deference and sycophancy are palpable.
- Sick of the sycophancy and self-absorption all around her, why she flings herself into an affair with a comedian, desperate for media attention, is never made clear.
- The desire to suck-up to ‘prestigious individuals’ is a survival mechanism; ‘prestigious individuals’ have leadership potential and the power to reward our sycophancy.