Definición de sycophantic en inglés:
Behaving or done in an obsequious way in order to gain advantage: a sycophantic interview
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I suppose there was the inevitable, uncharitable flicker of hostility towards a woman who could, in this day and age, devote herself with such sycophantic subservience to men.
- I guess some people thought I was a creep, offering sycophantic praise of someone who happens to be my boss.
- I not only love movies, I'm also fascinated with the larger star-making machine that is Hollywood and the sycophantic press that supports it.
obsequious, servile, subservient, deferential, grovelling, toadying, fawning, flattering, ingratiating, cringing, unctuous, oily, slimy, creeping, crawling, truckling, slavish, bowing and scraping, Uriah Heepish, gushing
North American vulgar slang suckholing
- Example sentences
- There is a public face to this film which it wears to interact with its audience - a face that is comforting, familiar, sycophantically seeking to reassure us with the empty surprises it assumes we all crave.
- On the front row only parents, no fashion media darlings gasping sycophantically, scribbling furiously before sharpening their talons and publishing crippling reviews.
- It is important to know how to laugh sycophantically.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan