sustantivo[mass noun] Geology
A coarse-grained grey igneous rock composed mainly of alkali feldspar and ferromagnesian minerals such as hornblende.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The southern Zomba area consists mainly of syenite surrounded by a periphery of alkaline granite.
- A violet, coarse-grained, porphyritic quartz syenite, which makes up large parts of the pluton, was collected for dating.
- The selective removal of these minerals resulted in a change of the composition of the magma to one near that of the rock syenite.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Of far less importance are occurrences in gneisses and amphibolites, in small plutons derived from syenitic and gabbroic magmas, and in certain contact-metamorphic rocks.
- In the central part of the intrusion, some small granitic aplite dykes intrude the syenitic rocks.
- Several pools of syenitic magma were separated from the main body of the melt.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: sy¦en|ite
Definición de syenite en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda