sustantivo (plural syllabaries)
- A set of written characters representing syllables and (in some languages or stages of writing) serving the purpose of an alphabet.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The Japanese phonetic syllabaries (characters representing syllables) or the Roman alphabet is used to transcribe Ainu speech.
- A clear-cut distinction cannot always be made between alphabets proper and syllabaries, sets of syllabic symbols as in the Japanese kana systems.
- Linear-B was a syllabary - each character represented a complete syllable.
mid 19th century: from modern Latin syllabarium, from Latin syllaba (see syllable).
Más definiciones de syllabaryDefinición de syllabary en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.