(also syllabication /sɪˌlabɪfɪˈkeɪʃ(ə)n/)
The division of words into syllables, either in speech or in writing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- What is meant by the following: Alphabet, phonetic, orthography, etymology, syllabication?
- A member of the French department at The Johns Hopkins University helped students arrive at correct pronunciation and syllabification of the poetic text prior to recording the vocal versions.
- However, syllabication serves an important role in writing instruction, providing the writer with a basic formula and starting point.
verbo (syllabifies, syllabifying, syllabified)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Finally, note that, in verse, the entire line is syllabified as if it were one word.
- He was also noted for distinctively syllabifying the words in a song: ‘When Ai-eh yam disc-ouraged’.
- Next we syllabify it and return the created lexical entry.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: syl¦labi¦fi|ca¦tion
Definición de syllabification en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda