- The Gree home has a lovely sylvan setting with a wood at the end of the garden.
- Earth predominates because of the sylvan emphasis; woods are abundant.
- It's hard to envision this urban blight blossoming into a sylvan glade, but that's Pueblo's $8.8 million plan.
- Even though it was mainly scales or the repetitious construction of a melody Chuck might be working out, there was always something soothing about his silvery sylvan songs drifting from our home.
- There are sometimes moments as the Professor lounges at ease by the billabong, the perfect picture of recumbent indolence, when his sylvan reveries are crushed by a sense of sudden and prophetic dread.
- I remember having several tranquil sylvan strolls on the far side of the lake, opposite the boathouse, though I have heard sadly it is no longer a public right-of-way.
Mid 16th century (as a noun denoting an inhabitant of the woods): from French sylvain or Latin Silvanus 'woodland deity', from silva 'a wood'.
Palabras que riman con sylvansilvern
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: syl¦van
Definición de sylvan en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.