Definición de symbiosis en inglés:
sustantivo (plural symbioses ˌsɪmbɪˈəʊsiːzˌsɪmbʌɪˈəʊsiːz)[mass noun] Biology
1Interaction between two different organisms living in close physical association, typically to the advantage of both. Compare with antibiosis.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- We see how plants and animals live together in symbiosis; as we breathe out carbon dioxide the plants take it and give us back oxygen.
- The investigation of early events and molecules involved in fungal - plant interactions are crucial for a better understanding of symbiosis.
- The establishment of symbiosis is the result of a complex series of interactions between the symbiont and the host plant.
1.1 [count noun] A mutually beneficial relationship between different people or groups: a perfect mother and daughter symbiosis
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They seek to take advantage of each other to solve their own problems in the process of competition, which brings about some odd long-term symbioses and temporary alliances.
- Drasko Jovanovic points out the important symbiosis between particle physics and cosmology.
- The fact of little transfer of words from one language to another does not mean there cannot have been long-term symbiosis of speakers of different languages.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- We have a symbiotic relationship, he does all my DIY and drives me to the shops, I deal with his paperwork and make his appointments.
- I saw that Zapatistas and tourists were working in a symbiotic relationship even if neither knew it.
- But politics and media, as noted above, are intimately symbiotic institutions.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Our view that the process should move on without those inextricably and symbiotically linked to terrorism and criminality will more and more be seen as the inevitable way forward.
- However, all stages left their indelible imprints in the vast reservoir of human knowledge and each stage was symbiotically linked to the other, in the sense that each left valuable resources for the next.
- The Fine Art tradition today does not live symbiotically with design: it lives parasitically off of the communicative and vital language established by design.
Pronunciación: /ˌsɪmbɪˈɒtɪk/ /ˌsɪmbʌɪˈɒtɪk/adverbio
Palabras que riman con symbiosisapotheosis, chlorosis, cirrhosis, diagnosis, halitosis, hypnosis, kenosis, meiosis, metempsychosis, misdiagnosis, mononucleosis, myxomatosis, necrosis, neurosis, osmosis, osteoporosis, prognosis, psittacosis, psychosis, sclerosis, thrombosis, toxoplasmosis, trichinosis, tuberculosis
Definición de symbiosis en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda