Definición de symbol en inglés:
- Musical notation for instruments, based on figures, letters, or other symbols instead of conventional staff notation.
- His contributions to algebraic symbolism were in using short Arabic words, or just their initial letters, as mathematical symbols.
- The difficult question is whether this behavior indicates that lexigrams function as symbols or names.
- And soldiers who wear a cross or a Star of David must keep the symbols hidden.
- Choose a simple design with mostly satin stitching - large logos, shapes or symbols are ideal.
- Nazi symbols next to stars of David were used in their protests.
- The wall stood as a grim symbol of the separation of free people and those living under dictatorships.
- His phone was also silver, a top of the range Nokia, a symbol of the material wealth modern young men can accrue if they choose life at sea.
- Material symbols of wealth such as luxury goods, expensive cars, and exclusive shops are visible everywhere.
verbo (symbols, symbolling, symbolled; US symbols, symboling, symboled)[with object] archaic Volver al principio
- The first was symbol of the atonement the 2nd was to symbol the carrying away of sins.
- Craftsmen carved flowers or other patterns symboling good wishes into the doors, adding to the elegance and beauty of the dwellings.
- Nicole bought a silver charm bracelet with two hands on it symboling best friends.
This comes from Latin symbolum ‘symbol, creed (as the mark of a Christian)’; it was first used in English to refer to the Apostles' Creed. The source is Greek sumbolon ‘mark, token’. It had come to be used in non-religious senses by the late 16th century.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.