Definición de sympatric en inglés:
1(Of animals or plant species or populations) occurring within the same or overlapping geographical areas. Compare with allopatric.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Populations of sympatric species often fluctuate in partial synchrony.
- We assigned geographic areas using the distributions of allopatric and sympatric species as a guide: North America, Mexico, Central America, South America, and the Greater Antilles.
- These two sympatric species are reproductively isolated and represent highly divergent lineages in the genus.
1.1(Of speciation) taking place without geographical separation.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Attention has focused on a number of problems, including reinforcement, sympatric speciation, and the ecological context of speciation.
- The concept of sympatric speciation by host-race formation remains contentious because of the restrictive conditions that many workers have suggested are required, based on models using assumptions that may not be true.
- Indeed, sympatric speciation events have been observed in controlled experiments, under natural conditions, and also demonstrated by simulation models.
- sympatry sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In addition, their definition of ‘superspecies’ makes exceptions for narrow sympatry, which obliterates the definition, because ‘allospecies’ should form the components of a superspecies.
- Although the two species were not found in sympatry, a population of P. elegans was found only 9 km away from a P. actinia population in Santo Antonio da Patrulha county.
- As revealed by comparisons of molecular and morphologic data in modern species, non-hybrid populations form distinct morphologic clusters in sympatry, which do not overlap and are usually separated by gaps.
Definición de sympatric en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda