- A symplast, especially the cytoplasm of which it is composed.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Likewise, efflux from the root symplasm to the transpiration stream must cross the plasma membrane of cells within the stele of the root.
- Exchanges of solutes between apoplastic and symplastic compartments, including contamination by phloem sap or by the symplasm of wounded cells at the leaf section, probably accompany this ebb and flow of apoplastic water.
- The barrier formed by the Casparian band suggests that to reach the stele, water has to enter the symplasm and cross the membranes of endodermal cells or other cell types that sit external to the endodermis.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Using the green fluorescent protein expressed specifically from companion cells of the phloem has provided good evidence that there is symplasmic continuity between the phloem of tobacco and the parasitic plant Cuscuta reflexa.
- High densities of plasmodesmata support symplasmic delivery of accumulated nutrients to underlying storage cells where polymer formation (starch, protein) takes place.
- To check the purity of the apoplasmic solution, the activity of malic dehydrogenase in the apoplasmic and symplasmic solutions was determined according to Bergmeyer and Bernt.
Más definiciones de symplasmDefinición de symplasm en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.