Definición de symplast en inglés:
A continuous network of interconnected plant cell protoplasts.
- Where access to this space becomes restricted by an exodermal resistance, a greater proportion of the total flux of a material may be absorbed at the root periphery and pass from cell to cell via the symplast.
- It is possible that a proportion of ammonium fed to maize roots enters the symplast at the endodermis and is incorporated into amino acids within the pericycle which results in it becoming acidotic.
- Instead, it appears that there is a barrier to movement between the post-phloem symplast and the nucellus.
1930s: from German Symplast.
- Example sentences
- These results suggest that movement of mineral oil in plants is both apoplastic via intercellular spaces and symplastic via plasmodesmata.
- In these cases sugar contents declined, possibly limiting translocation as in brown rust-infected barley leaves, in which apoplastic and symplastic sugar concentrations were reduced as export declined.
- It is therefore probable that much of the increase in sugars during sub-zero hardening was symplastic.
Definición de symplast en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan