Definición de symposium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural symposia /-zɪə/ or symposiums)
1A conference or meeting to discuss a particular subject.
- There is a long history behind the ICS; most of the early international geological congresses had symposia and meetings to debate and decide stratigraphical procedures and nomenclature.
- She has produced scores of professional publications and reviews, delivered numerous lectures, and conducted many symposia and conference sessions.
- The abundance of conferences, symposia, workshops, colloquia, seminars, and other gatherings devoted to mathematical topics attests to a strong desire for interaction.
1.1A collection of essays or papers on a particular subject by a number of contributors.
- Keith Young published over 100 papers and contributed to numerous symposia and field guides dealing with Mesozoic biostratigraphy.
- His prior books about large-scale social transformation have been the subjects of numerous review essays and university symposia, and some scholars view them as classics.
- The Journal accepted a paper for a symposium; but now it turns out that four years ago, a coauthor of the paper made what certainly seems like a racist statement.
2A drinking party or convivial discussion, especially as held in ancient Greece after a banquet (and notable as the title of a work by Plato).
- One song was apparently written for a symposium (drinking party) given by Archidamus II king of Sparta.
- The symposium, or drinking party, would normally have been equipped with vessels of precious metal.
- What inspired this period of dynamic creativity in the production of hydrias for symposia in the last third of the sixth century in Athens?
Words that rhyme with symposiumElysium
Definición de symposium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan