sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The fusion of chromosome pairs at the start of meiosis.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It has long been thought that the grouping of telomeres is important for chromosome pairing and subsequent synapsis.
- It was proposed that these sites mediated the initial interactions between homologous chromosomes leading to synapsis and recombination.
- These findings suggest that the extensive protein modification that occurs to prepare chromosomes for synapsis and recombination may provide at least a partial mechanism by which rereplication is blocked.
late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek sunapsis 'connection, junction'.
Más definiciones de synapsisDefinición de synapsis en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.