1The simultaneous occurrence of events which appear significantly related but have no discernible causal connection: such synchronicity is quite staggering
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They're all engineered by your guides, and are often seen as coincidental events, or synchronicity.
- This is the sort of event which Jung meant by synchronicity, a meaningful coincidence which thumbs its nose at linear causality.
- Jung's three definitions of synchronicity all involve an affective and psychic component, an uncanny sense of the meaningfulness of an event.
2 another term for synchrony (sense 1).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Occasionally, inspired moments found synchronicity between performers and video, such as the opening segment in which dancers on the floor looked like they were scaling projected words on the screen.
- In a stunning coincidence of historical synchronicity, today is also the anniversary of the start of World War I.
- As the show progresses, one starts to get the feeling the lightning is happening in synchronicity with the music.
1950s: coined (in sense 1) by C. G. Jung.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: syn¦chron|icity
Definición de synchronicity en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda