Definición de synchronous en inglés:
1Existing or occurring at the same time: glaciations were approximately synchronous in both hemispheres
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As it happens, human ideologies will sometimes be synchronous with the Faith.
- Peaks in recruitment are roughly synchronous with similar peaks in aspen and white birch, suggesting that they may be associated with similar causes.
- The average hatch time of the first release was thus approximately synchronous with that of natural egg masses, and the variance in hatch date was large.
2 Astronomy Making or denoting an orbit around the earth or another celestial body in which one revolution is completed in the period taken for the body to rotate about its axis.
- They emerge early in the year and have short, synchronous emergence periods.
- The Red Planet's elevator, which would travel between the surface of Mars and a Mars synchronous orbit, could be constructed in Earth's orbit.
- This is because the Moon rotates exactly once per orbit, in what is described as synchronous rotation.
- Example sentences
- First, pairwise comparisons showed that tropical species, which generally breed less synchronously than temperate species, had smaller testes than their temperate counterparts.
- Some companies synchronously replicate data over a dedicated network to a secondary site, where tape backup is taken; however the tapes still need to leave that site to provide true data protection.
- Where I spend most of my time, in Maine and in central Vermont, new leaves of all the deciduous tree species usually emerge relatively synchronously in mid-May, over the short span of about two weeks.
Definición de synchronous en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan