sustantivo[mass noun] Biology
- The fusion of two cells, or of their nuclei, in reproduction.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We describe the maternal and paternal contributions to the diploid cell by reminding the students of the origin of a diploid cell and the process of syngamy that follows fertilization.
- Within a sexual population, however, the segregation of alleles would break down the genetic association, and the less fit homozygotes would be formed by syngamy each generation.
- Bryophytes reproduce through syngamy and meiosis, but the dominant stage of the plant is the gametophyte, as opposed to the sporophyte in vascular plants.
early 20th century: from syn- 'with' + Greek gamos 'marriage'.
Más definiciones de syngamyDefinición de syngamy en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.