(US also sirup)
- 1 [mass noun] A thick, sweet liquid made by dissolving sugar in boiling water, often used for preserving fruit.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Select canned fruit in its own juice or water, not heavy syrup, and frozen fruit without added sugar.
- Make a simple mint syrup by boiling sugar and water together for 5 minutes; cool.
- Candied fruits and fruits preserved in syrup are also traditional.
- 1.1A thick, sweet liquid containing medicine or used as a drink: cough syrupMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This type of sedation involves swallowing sedative tablets or syrup.
- Boxes of medicines, varying from children's syrup to Viagra and antiretrovirals, were found in the warehouse.
- Simple cough mixtures contain ingredients known as demulcents, for example glycerin, honey and syrup.
- 1.2A thick, sticky liquid obtained from sugar cane as part of the processing of sugar.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The sugar syrup would then be processed to extract a liquid sucrose for sale to U.S. food processors for use in breakfast cereal, ice cream, and candy.
- Sticky rice prepared with coconut milk and sugarcane syrup is wrapped in banana leaves.
- Molasses is a byproduct of the sugar refining process, it is the thick syrup you get when you boil down the sugar cane juices to extract sugar.
- 1.3Excessive sweetness or sentimentality of style or manner: Mr Gurney’s poems are almost all of them syrupMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Jill dripped her words with syrup and the sweetness in her tone made the guard nauseous.
Más definiciones de syrupDefinición de syrup en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.