cross the T
- historical (Of a naval force) cross in front of an enemy force approximately at right angles, securing a tactical advantage for the firing of guns.Oraciones de ejemplo
- He could easily outmaneuver the Russians and use tactics to cross the T twice, inflicting maximum damage on the slower Russian fleet.
- Probably the most famous battleship fight decided by crossing the T was the Japanese victory at Tsushima Straights in the Russo-Japanese War.
- At Leyte on 24 Oct 1944 he made fame at the Battle of Surigao Strait by "crossing the T" of the oncoming Japanese surface fleet.
to a T
- informal Exactly; to perfection: I baked it to a T, and of course it was deliciousMás ejemplos en oraciones
- It fits the character to a T: he's honest and truthful, but he's also a narcissist and a showman.
- More broadly, I spent three years in the government working with people who followed the Internet surveillance rules to a T, many of whom themselves had strong civil libertarian instincts.
- She began to tick off traits and scenarios and resistance to being responsible and for all intents and purposes, without ever having met my husband, she began describing his behaviour to a T.
Entrada del diccionario de inglés estadounidense
sustantivo(also T-3) Computing
A high-speed data transmission line.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Residents can plug more than one computer into their T-1 line at a time.
- If purchasing and maintaining T-1 equipment is an intimidating thought, consider renting from the long distance carrier or the telephone company.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda