Definición de tacit en inglés:
Understood or implied without being stated: your silence may be taken to mean tacit agreement
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The informal system consists largely in tacit agreements and understandings.
- The two main parties have become a cartel, operating a tacit understanding not to broach any important issue.
- The tacit understanding is that whatever else happens inside is a matter between consenting adults.
implicit, understood, implied, inferred, hinted, suggested, insinuated;
unspoken, unstated, undeclared, unsaid, unexpressed, unmentioned, unvoiced, silent, mute, wordless, not spelt out;
taken for granted, taken as read
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The idea that free speech is divisible - that you can ban some forms of speech without impacting on others - has been tacitly accepted.
- But as the government now tacitly admits, neither of these allegations is true.
- Socially, most societies at least tolerate the use of alcohol, and many at least tacitly encourage it.
Early 17th century (in the sense 'wordless, noiseless'): from Latin tacitus, past participle of tacere 'be silent'.
Palabras que riman con tacitbasset, facet, tacet
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda