- A rail round a ship’s stern.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Pamela was not sitting on the deck, but she was standing near the taffrail looking off the stern.
- Hands quickly reached for taffrails, stanchions, ratlines or some sort of support, and, a moment later, Raven spun the wheel with all her strength to the right until the helm was hard over.
- As soon as they passed the helmsman, he pulled her to the taffrail.
early 19th century: alteration (by association with rail1), of obsolete tafferel 'panel', used to denote the flat part of a ship's stern above the transom, from Dutch tafereel.
Más definiciones de taffrailDefinición de taffrail en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.