sustantivo (plural igual)
- 1(Among some South African peoples) an evil witch or wizard.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Putting it very roughly, cross-cultural analysis of belief in magic comes up with two persistent roles, namely the socially benevolent magic worker (inyanga, cunning man, shaman) and the malevolent supernatural being that can pass for human (skinwalker, tagati, witch).
- Analyzing specifically the social composition of the populations collected on some mission stations in Zululand and Natal, N. Etherington points out that "on mission stations the tagati [umthakathi] and his relatives found security".
- He made this point again later: "Only on mission stations could the tagati and his relatives be fairly sure that they would be left in peace".
- 1.1 [mass noun] Witchcraft.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Others viewed and feared it as ‘tagati’, an occult form of black magic based on the negative dare of devil worship.
verbo[no object] Volver al principio
- 1.1 [with object] Bewitch (someone).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He knew the consequence of the accusation and before being "tagatied", (branded as bewitched) and killed in cold-blood, he fled the kraal.
from Xhosa and Zulu umthakathi 'wizard'.